The Dialysis Project
May 25, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 29, 2021
Image features: Leah Lewis. Photo by Dahlia Katz.
- Leah Lewis Leah
- Robert Chafe Dramaturge
- Kaitlin Hickey Project Design Collaborator
- Elysha Poirier Projection Designer
- Brian Kenny Lighting & Sound Designer/Technical Director
- Jana Gillis Stage Manager
- Emma Pope Livestream Technician & Camera Operator
A live, personal encounter with one woman’s lived experience of self-administered home dialysis. Writer, performer, and kidney patient Leah Lewis invites audiences into her home via livestream for a unique “performance”. Hooking herself up to her dialysis machine, Leah offers us a window into a life-maintaining medical procedure, and simultaneously, into her own life, as she weaves an intimate story about isolation, relationships, mortality, resilience, and identity. Leah’s vivid, personal storytelling is supported by evocative visuals, resulting in a fascinating, funny, touching and utterly unique show.
- RCA Production